WATERSHED CONGRESS ALONG THE SCHUYLKILL RIVER
Date: March 14, 2020
Location: Montgomery County Community College - West Campus, Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Registration Is Now Open!
Sharing information, tools, and practices for watershed protection and restoration
The Watershed Congress Along the Schuylkill River advances the best available information and techniques for protecting and restoring watersheds. The focus on networking across disciplines means that the Congress melds science, policy and practical applications into one program. Every year, a growing and changing group of individuals attends to gain new knowledge, acquire tools, and practice techniques that will allow them to take active roles in the stewardship of their natural resources.
What do people say about the Watershed Congress?
“An amazing experience, one I hope to be a part of again in the future! … I learned a lot and walked away with new friends … The sessions I attended resulted in lots of questions and discussion … Very good presentations … This was a lot of fun … Always valuable and relevant … Affordable and always learn new, up-to-date information … A wonderful and organized event … A great Congress this year with some really good session presenters … The Watershed Congress on Saturday was wonderful! I’m so happy I was able to attend … We got a lot out of the Congress & look forward to next year.”
Comments from people who attended in 2019
Watershed Congress Organizers
The 2020 Watershed Congress is presented by the Delaware Riverkeeper Network and its partner organizations as well as private individuals.
Current organization partners represent:
Berks County Conservation District • Berks Nature • Bucks County Conservation District • Cadastral Consulting, LLC • Center in the Park / Senior Environment Corps • Delaware Nature Society • Delaware River Steamboat Floating Classroom, Inc. SPLASH • Delaware Valley University • Green Valleys Watershed Association • A.D. Marble & Company • Montgomery County Community College • Montgomery County Conservation District • Octoraro Native Plant Nursery • Partnership for the Delaware Estuary • Penn State University, Pennsylvania Sea Grant • Pennsylvania Department of Conservation & Natural Resources • Pennsylvania Department of Education • Pennsylvania Environmental Council • Reading Area Community College • Schuylkill Action Network • Schuylkill River Greenways NHA • Stroud Water Research Center • Sustainable Choices, LLC & Philadelphia Water • Temple University • Valley Forge Trout Unlimited • The Write Beat • Yellow Springs Farm
Boldface indicates sponsorship
Be a part of this great program - Consider becoming a partner or sponsor
Becoming a partner is easy:
- Help share news about the Congress with your members or contacts.
- Help promote the Watershed Congress in your publications.
- Donate educational materials or door prizes.
Interested in sponsoring the 2020 Watershed Congress?
- A special Student Rate of $35 is available for current graduate or undergraduate students. To qualify for a student rate, submit your verification of enrollment along with: 1) your registration form, and 2) payment. Obtain verification of your enrollment history from National Student Clearinghouse, print a copy of your schedule to provide as proof of enrollment, or provide an unofficial transcript. Verification of enrollment should be mailed or email to the Delaware Riverkeeper Network.
- The Watershed Congress Planning Committee is offering scholarships to current undergraduate and graduate students in the region in order to introduce them to watershed issues and the Watershed Congress, and to encourage them to present sessions in the future. Both full- and part-time students are eligible to apply. Student facilitators will have responsibilities during the event, including making announcements, timekeeping, troubleshooting, etc. Student facilitators are not responsible for IT.
- Students interested in becoming student facilitators for the 2020 Watershed Congress should apply online.
- Applications for Student Facilitator Scholarships will be accepted until all positions are filled.
Email for more information or call 215-369-1188, ext. 109.
Montgomery County Community College-West Campus, South Hall, 101 College Drive, Pottstown, PA 19464