Feb. 22 Public Hearings on DRBC Draft Frack Rules and Proposed Ban
DRBC Frack Ban Hearing
Attend the last in-person DRBC Frack Ban Hearing on Feb. 22. Facebook event page here.
- February 22, 2018, 3:00 p.m. to (as late as – they could leave early) 7:00 p.m.; Lisa Scheller-Wayne Woodman Community Services Center, Lehigh Carbon Community College, 4525 Education Park Dr., in Schnecksville, Pa. Register to attend
The Delaware River Basin Commission (DRBC) issued draft natural gas regulations on Nov. 30. TDRBC proposed a ban on fracking in the Delaware River Watershed. But they also are proposing to allow the storage, processing and discharge of frack wastewater here and to allow export of Delaware River Watershed water to fuel fracking in our neighboring watersheds! the depletion of the Watershed's water for fracking. It makes no sense to ban fracking but allow the pollution of frack wastewater and the depletion of the Watershed's water for fracking, fueling fracking and its destructive impacts elsewhere. Please join us at the Hearing to tell DRBC we want a COMPLETE ban on fracking and its related activities throughout the Delaware River Watershed.
Need some tips about what the draft regulations say?
Watch our webinars to learn what the draft rules say and the proposed ban could mean.
- November Webinar: Reaching out to Municipalities and Elected Officials to Support the Delaware River Watershed Frack Ban (Completed, recording available here)
- Webinar 1: The Fracking Ban (Completed, recording available here)
- Webinar 2: Water Extraction and Export (Completed, recording available here)
- Webinar 3: Frack Waste Processing and Discharge (Completed, recording available here)
We are providing you with a comprehensive list of talking points on the proposed ban and regulations here. You may use this information to help develop your testimony and written comments.